Probably the most profound wake-up call on IQ you/I will ever read...

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 2,520
Like?
Re: With easy conditions yes
In reply to hedwards, Feb 13, 2013

hedwards wrote:

Any camera ought to handle what he was throwing at it quite well. The reason for more expensive equipment is generally the increased number of situations where you can still get the shot you want.

That being said, I'm not sure how to compare with medium or large format images as I have no experience with them and they're substantially more expensive than FF dSLRs are.

Luminous landscape is, IMHO, a bit behind the curve on this one. They're one of my favorite photography websites, but this has been the case for a few years now. It's one of the things driving the speculation that dSLRs might not be long for this world.

Which is absurd for the reason I gave in the first paragraph.

I enjoy LL alot aswell but I do think they tend to let themselves down on some of these comparisons seemingly deliberately setting condictions for tests to achieve their desired outcomes.

Wasnt there a large format vs 5D mark 2 resolution test for awhile back with some very flawed methodology?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow