Best moderate priced telephoto - (also posted on DSLR Lens site)

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 4,715Gear list
Like?
Re: Best moderate priced telephoto - (also posted on DSLR Lens site)
In reply to Myer, Feb 13, 2013

Myer wrote:

That only makes the camera more steady.

It doesn't solve the problem that I still have to be able to carry it comfortably.

Agreed which is why you'll notice my first post stated I agreed with your wanting to get a lighter lens than the EF 100-400.

If you're talking about carrying the monopod, I've found using a monopod as a walking stick actually makes walking easier than not having one.

As for carrying your camera, I suggest you look in the OP/TECH USA. It is truly a complete and flexible system which using different parts available you can configure almost unlimited combinations. You are able to switch from a conventional over the head strap, to sling straps, to dual straps with a simple strap snap buckle. I can't say enough good things about their system.

But, if OP/TECH USA doesn't suit you, also look into a Cotton Carrier or the Opteka knock off

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow