ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,078Gear list
Like?
Anyone reguarly using tilt adapters?
Feb 13, 2013

Hi,

I'm a DSLR user and have been sitting on the fence for a while considering the XE1.  One of my reasons for considering mirror-less is the small form, and in the case of the XE1, its classic controls.  (It goes without saying that the IQ has to be good).  But another reason is the possibility of lens movements obtained through adapters and FF lenses.  I used to shoot landscapes with 4X5" and MF with tilt, and I've always missed movements since I went to a DSLR.  (I can't afford the Canon TS lenses.  And their FF DSLRs are large.)

Is anyone out there making regular use of the Kippon or Zykkor adapters that allow T&S with FF lenses?  I'm more interested in the tilting function to gain DOF than I am in shift. (I know shift corrections are better done in camera than in PP, but at least you can correct verticals in PP.)  Nothing beats the Scheimpflug effect for maximising DOF and sharpness.

• Any purchasing difficulties with the manufacturers/sellers?
  • Quality of build?
  • Do they work well? 
  • Do they have difficulties retaining infinity focus?
  • Any problems?
  • Why aren't there more people using them?  They're a godsend to landscape photography, but there are very few reports of their use........  I don't get it??

Any comments from your experience appreciated.

Thanks,

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow