Wow!! My first run in with Canikon snob...

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
MediaArchivist
Contributing MemberPosts: 862Gear list
Like?
Re: Wow!! My first run in with Canikon snob...
In reply to Shield3, Feb 13, 2013

Shield3 wrote:

The 1DX actually does 12FPS in full manual mode, unlike the A77 that requires the aperture to be fixed @ F/5.6.

One of the great things about these forums is how much you can learn. In particular, the hidden nuggets of knowledge that are posted-- by real people actually using the cameras. These are the gems that go beyond the manuals, and beyond the hype.

I was not aware that the a77 was limited to f/5.6 in 12fps burst mode. This is one of those gems-- it is certainly not in the manual. Nonetheless, I could not help but remember that I had used it in that mode at a wider f/stop. But, here I am, reading this thread. How do I know my recollection is in error? Because right after reading in a post that the aperture is fixed at f/5.6, it is emphasized that one should "check your facts before posting."

I am at a loss to explain why, when attaching a f/1.4 lens to my a77, I was able to burst 12fps at f/1.4. How can this be? In continuous AF as well as manual focus. In auto ISO mode, as well as ISO 800. Aperture priority or shutter priority. All at f/1.4.

Please, check your facts before posting.

Indeed.

MediaArchivist's gear list:MediaArchivist's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow