Anyone Miss Their 5D (I, II, or III) after getting an OMD?

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,415Gear list
Like?
not any more
In reply to Angry Panda, Feb 13, 2013

I moved from 5Dmk2 + 60D to EM-5 making the transfer in two stages, sold the 60D + a few lenses to buy the EM-5 + a couple of lenses. After a few months found I wasn't using the 5D mk2 enough to warrant keeping that much money teid up so sold it + 3 L lenses and made the full transition.

My reason for selling was simple - I've reached an age and degree of imfirmity that I couldn't handle the weight of the canon kit, otherwise I would have kept it

My useage is for hobby +semi-pro, from shooting BIFs, bees bugs and butterflies, studio portraiture, water sport, landscape etc

I sell around £5k worth of images / year and have found that the images from the EM-5 are getting veryy positive comments from my customers (largely landscape and flowers)

I'm still winning local and area competitions with the images it produces and have even found a way to produce acceptable quality BIF work (which also sell / win comps)

This was the genre that gave me the most concern to start with but having overcome this by learning to adapt my techniques and learn a few new I'm now happy

The big bonus for me is that once again I can carry all my gear with me (including a 500mm mirror lens) in a small shoulder bag (nova 180) and better yet I still have about £1000 left over from selling the canon kit

Its not the right decision for most people but it worked for me

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TORNNew
No.New
+10New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow