Please help a noob! (First camera shopping)

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
m00tmike
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Please help a noob! (First camera shopping)
Feb 13, 2013

I'm frustrated! I'm almost at the point of pulling my hair out... but I don't have any.

I've been researching my first camera purchase for a few months now and I really need some help. I've narrowed it down to a few options but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger in the fear that I'll pick "the wrong one".

My budget is $500-$650ish. My experience is limited on the photo side, but a little more experienced on the video side. I've been making videos on youtube for a while, and don't see myself stopping. So video is very important. That's the main motivation, for me, behind this purchase. I was going to just get a camcorder until my wife suggested getting something that does both.

At this point I've narrowed it down to a few options, and I'd love as much feedback as possible. They are: Canon T4i, Nex 5r, panasonic gh2, and (possibly) sony a37/57 (but I hate their flip DOWN screens!).

I don't have any lenses at this time but the ability to use legacy glass on all but the t4i really appeal to me.

If i made the purchase right now it would be the gh2. But 2 days ago it was the t4i lol. It's getting to be all i think about. Please help! Lol

m00tmike's gear list:m00tmike's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony SLT-A37
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow