Difference Between Micro 4/3 and 4/3

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Questions thread
Leonard Migliore
Forum ProPosts: 10,380Gear list
Like?
Re: Difference Between Micro 4/3 and 4/3
In reply to JoeBrautigam, Feb 13, 2013

JoeBrautigam wrote:

So i have either a really dumb question or an actual question....Im looking to get a new lens for my olympus pen epl1 and the one i want is rokinon fisheye but theres two theres olympus 4/3 system category or micro 4/3 and the one in the olympus 4/3 system i really like...hahaha so im just wondering if there is a difference or the olympus 4/3 system category will only work for olympus and not other brands.

The original 4/3 system was for single lens reflex cameras. This has been a generally unsuccessful type of product. The micro 4/3 system was then introduced. This has a similar lens mount to 4/3 but it's closer to the sensor. It won't work with reflex cameras but does work with electronic view finders. Micro 4/3 seems to be a more viable system than 4/3.

Your Olympus is a micro 4/3 camera, so you should get micro 4/3 lenses for it. Lenses for the original 4/3 system will only fit with an adapter.

Why do you prefer the 8mm 4/3 fisheye over the 7.5mm micro 4/3 fisheye?

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow