Sony A99 with Tamron 90-300 Sample Pictures

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
StayClassy
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A99 with Tamron 90-300 Sample Pictures
In reply to brian14478, Feb 13, 2013

brian14478 wrote:

The a99 of yours onlys show its capabilities . Wide open at 300mm 5.6 though not fast is acceptably sharp. Very glad the lens is as good optically as mine.

Only shows that its not a 'gimmick' lens. You cannot always judged a lens by its price whether expensive or inexpensive. My copy is very sharp 250mm at 6.3 / Wicked sharp at 300mm f8 . Not that open is bad at all as you found out. Up to 200mm open is quite sharp on mine.

Nice colors and contrast with the lens, the geese look great. Your fb page has some cool shots also. Here are a couple more with my 'new' 1990 lens. Thanks for sharing,brian

Is focus fast and accurate on yours , because mine seems to be quite fast and very accurate/ thanks,brian

Thanks Brian, yeah she's decent. Focus is surprisingly fast on the A99 and pretty accurate I will admit I'm going to micro-adjust it tomorrow and see if I can squeeze any more sharpness out of it

-- hide signature --

When people ask me whether I'm a photographer, I tell them that I'm more of a time artist. After all, my art is my ability to freeze time and capture a moment forever.

StayClassy's gear list:StayClassy's gear list
Sony SLT-A99
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow