Arky
Regular MemberPosts: 428Gear list
Like?
Re: Pot calling kettle...
In reply to Kendall Helmstetter Gelner, Feb 13, 2013

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

<...>

Arky wrote:

You have managed to post to these forums 2.91 times a day for the last 5 1/2 years but you you don't have time to back up your claims. Right.

Note this is coming from a user who has posted just *13* times in the last five months...

You are right, I usually don't post unless I feel like I can be helpful. Unfortunately, those times are few and far between around here. I am strictly a hobbyist photographer and truthfully not a very good one. I enjoy learning about optics and photography though, and I do spend money on it. That is one reason I frequent this forum, to determine where to best spend my disposable income.

I know which of the two I'd be inclined to believe more.

I don't think I've asked you or anyone else to believe anything I've said.

It's rather hilarious (and rude) that a suspiciously alt-looking account such as yours is using someone's heavily contributing to the forum against him!

Yes I was rude to Vitee, but he is constantly rude to Roland and others that are less than entirely enthusiastic about all things Sigma. If someone constantly plays in the gutter they shouldn't expect to come out smelling like a rose.

It's hilarious that such a prolific poster pleads lack of time, he could at least be honest as to the reason for refusing my request. Or just ignore me completely, like he did Roland.

You were rude to me by calling me lazy because I didn't equalize the FOV when comparing a single 50mm lens on two cameras with differing size sensors. I still don't know how I was supposed to accomplish that equalization though.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/32287700

Even so, if you feel I'm unnecessarily rude please accept my apologies.  I don't mean to come off as rude to anyone without good reason.

Laurence Matson falsely accused me once, he apologized publicly in this forum, for which I respect him greatly. Apologies are often due in this forum I don't see them often enough.

You also have no inclination to back up your claims with easily supplied evidence. Hmm...

He posts photos, you could look at those you know. Yet you expend no effort while asking him to exert himself substantially. Hmm...

Nobody would want to see my photos I'm sure. I do however contribute to the group in my own way. I have a SD14 dis-assembly gallery online for many years now and it is still quite popular.

http://www.pbase.com/bigflat/sd14_disassembly

I have posted a comparison of the SD14 and a Canon 15MP camera when such comparisons were rare, and made the raws available to download for everyone.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/30106778

I am always willing to help anyone with SA to EF or EF to SA mount conversion questions. Check my posting history and you will find numerous examples. I contribute to the group when I can, but as you point out, that's not very often.

I don't consider asking Vitee to make one of his raw files available to be asking him to "exert himself substantially". When he could be generous and helpful, he chooses to be petty.

You talk a lot, but when asked to back up your claims with evidence you call it harassment.

No, he calls harassment harassment. And it seems he has your number cold.

I guess if that's your opinion of harassment okay then. It's not mine.

Man up Vitee. If what what you say is true, I will be the first to apologize publicly for doubting your veracity.

Over time I have come to realize the primary goal of trolls is to steal time away from productive people into meaningless and foolhardy pursuits. Sorry if the productive people have no interest in photographic snipe hunts. If you really cared you'd shoot your own images and find results of banding to share. What's the matter, no inclination to spend your own time and effort?

So now I'm a troll? I have never chimed in with the frequent Foveon - Bayer debates one way or another. I have owned 5 sigma cameras and still own 4, that should tell you something. I'm not unceasingly pro Sigma but I don't bash them either.

I don't own a camera with the new Foveon sensor but I am interested. I'm still investigating and trying to ascertain the truth, warts and all. I don't expect perfection but I would like to have a good idea of what I'm buying into. It's tough trying to find unbiased information around here and I think Roland is truly unbiased. If he says the stripes are an uncommon anomaly I will believe him unquestioningly. Anecdotal evidence or self-serving testimony is always suspect in my opinion.

Arky's gear list:Arky's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma DP1s Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Sigma SD14 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow