Eyes off center, due to lens or model placement?

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GuyFromTheNorth
Forum MemberPosts: 74
Like?
Eyes off center, due to lens or model placement?
Feb 13, 2013

I've attached a photo I took last summer. I was bored today and was doing some PP on it. At first I really liked it, but then I started to get this weird feeling like the camera right side eye is off center or turned out funny compared to the other eye. Now this is my wife so I know her eyes are straight so I was wondering which of three things I think it might be:

1)It's just a weird angle she happened to be on giving a strange perspective on the eye.

2)My focal length was not chosen wisely and is distorting her face? I am learning more and more every day with my D90, but up till recently I used the zoom on most lenses to merely frame subjects as required without taking into consideration the change on the output different lengths will make.

3)I was just working on the picture too long and there's nothing overtly wrong with it and I just need a break from PP'ing pictures today.

I attached the JPEG as opposed to the RAW as my internet connection uploads at a deplorable rate. I can paste the EXIF if needed, the important stuff to my question though is I shot it with an 18-105VR Nikon kit lens with my D90, 1\200sec, f\3.5, ISO400, 18mm, natural light no flash.

Thanks for any insight!

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow