Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeminijoseph
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,811Gear list
Like?
I noticed it too..
In reply to Marianne Oelund, Feb 13, 2013

Marianne Oelund wrote:

Roland Schulz wrote:

CanĀ“t say anything about the real goal of the update, focus tracking of movng subjects, but it looks very promising now.

I loaded the new firmware into one of my D4 bodies, and took them to the rink with me yesterday morning. My ever-accommodating ice dance coach, Terry, helped me test the tracking by skating some steady circles.

The greatest improvement is in the case of receding subjects. With the older firmware, there were a number of instances where tracking failed to follow my coach well as he was skating away from me. With the new firmware, the threshold for focus correction is much finer and the average focus error was significantly less. There was also noticeable improvement for approaching subjects.

Looking forward to trying this at my next skating competition (March 2nd).

-- hide signature --

Qualities possessed by God in infinite proportion: Love, Grace, Power, Righteousness, Wisdom, . . .
Qualities possessed by humans in infinite proportion: Ignorance.
- Marianne

Marianne, thanks for your observation. I felt same. Now when the camera gets it, the picture will be in perfect focus. This is one of the complaints about D4 compared to 1DX. Overall AF tracking improved even with my my Sigma 50-500 OS.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow