Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Forum ProPosts: 10,965Gear list
Like?
You're really saying you have the OMD for IBIS
In reply to junyeu, Feb 12, 2013

junyeu wrote:

Hokie One wrote:

I am looking to upgrade from an EPL-1 to either a G5 or the OM-D (or EPL-5). ... I have limited use of my right hand and the EPL-1 is hard for me to use comfortably.

I had the G5 and replaced it with the OM-D. I thought the G5 had better handling and ergonomics which is why I got it first. It's a good camera overall but since I shoot mostly in low light it's not really useable even as a second body imo. The OM-D can produce results similar or even better than full frame bodies with its excellent IS. So even though the G5 technically has a better grip, the olympus is more comfortable to use since I don't have to force myself to keep extremely steady and sometimes I even have to hold my breath. I only use primes on m43 so it may be different if you have lenses with stabilisation.

Shooting with primes with no OIS, you need the OMD's IBIS, junyeu. Beginning and end of story.

BUT that might be a tip for you, Dave. Maybe the OMD's IBIS (and less so the E-PL5's, its IBIS isn’t as good) is what could push it over the line for you.

On the other hand, if you use Panny zooms on the G5 with OIS built in, that will give as good a result as the OMD and its IBIS 98% of the time.

Black cats in coal cellars are considered an exception! 

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow