ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jade Strong
Contributing MemberPosts: 627Gear list
Like?
RX1 - accessories review
Feb 12, 2013

http://www.pbase.com/simonchandler/image/148742551.jpg

To me, Sony RX1 fulfills its claim of being compact, light-weight and producing full-frame high quality images.

The Sony thumb-grip is super functional.  I feel a lot more confident holding the camera to experiment with more creative compositions and angles while viewing the monitor of the camera.  It locks solidly in place and flips away when you need to access the dial such as in M mode.  With the thumb-grip flipped to the left, the RX1 fit snugly in the Sony leather jacket.  The Sony thumb grip completely change the feel of the camera and vastly improve it's functionality.  This is a must have accessory, IMO.

I do not find the electronic viewfinder of much use so far due to my change of shooting style that this camera begs me to.  The viewfinder is bright, sharp and the field of view is huge.

The Sony leather jacket is great in protecting my RX1 in transport.  It also serves as a cool looking half-jacket and an anchor point for the Black Widow holster pin.  And yes, I can leave the lens hood and thumb-grip on the camera and still be able to put the camera in the leather jacket cover and snap it close.

The Sony lens hood is really cool looking.  One problem though.  The lens hood would not allow my B+W XS-Pro UV filter to be screwed onto the lens when the lens hood is in place.  The problem is the opening of the lens hood at the lens end is too narrow in diameter for the B+W filter to get through.  The is no way to install the filter first then put the lens hood over either - again the lens hood opening is too tight.

I removed the neck strap rings of the camera as soon as I got my RX1.  I don't like them to be in the way when I handle the camera.  To carry my RX1 without it swinging around at the time, I use a Spider Black Widow holster.  It is made of plastic (light weight) and can be inserted on my dress pant belt or Black Widow Belt.  And in place of a wrist strap, I prefer my Gordy's Sling Strap (an ultra compact, light and chic version of the Black Rapid strap).  The Gordy's Sling Strap is very functional.  It's works smoother than my Black Rapid strap.  The Gordy's Sling Strap is a perfect match to RX1.

The Sony charger kit that comes with a battery is a good deal.  It can also charge other models of Sony camera batteries.

I cover "Sony" and "RX1" logos with black electrical tape to make my camera more stealthy.

I like my Think Tank LittleStuffit Pouch.  I can put 2 extra batteries, a B+W XS-Pro CPL filter, lens cloth, electronic viewfinder and lens cap in it.

Jade Strong's gear list:Jade Strong's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-2
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow