Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Falkner
Forum ProPosts: 11,920Gear list
Like?
Playing Tourist with the SZ-30MR
Feb 12, 2013

I was running out of printer ink and pipe tobacco, and I decided to turn the trip into town into a tourist excursion as well.

The Viaduct Bassin in Auckland got spruced up substantially for the America Cup yacht races, and since then access to the Western end was improved with a permanent draw bridge for pedestrians -

The picture was taken in the middle of a movie. Sandra's daughter Cassandra says that there are bits of Auckland in it that she has never seen -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjvn6PeemDY&feature=share&list=UU6JgzL7oZKNOptY6lPt1Quw

Next day, Sandra asked me to fetch a painting from downtown Auckland - and that was the priority of the trip, not photography. The SZ-30MR coped without sulking. Here is the cruise ship ARTANIA -

Off Topic - Sandra regularly asks me to maintain records of her art collection. The artist Stu Duval of her most recent painting commission asked me to give him my catalogue entry - and complimented me on my galleries which he had used as reference for an earlier painting.

I used to do art copy some time last century on a copy bench with four-corner lighting, the length of our sitting room, on 10x8inch transparency film.

Now I do it on the SZ-30MR P&S, off centre to avoid reflections from the flash. Then I correct for perspective in PSE7. These efforts require very lttle expansion in PSE7, and the laminated prints compare tolerably with the original painting. All the perceived colours are still there. I have had no complaints yet from Stu, so my 'art copy' probably is alright for his purposes.

Henry

-- hide signature --
 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow