Minolta Celtic 135mm f/2.8 MD Mount + A99

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
StayClassy
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
Re: Minolta Celtic 135mm f/2.8 MD Mount + A99
In reply to RandyPD, Feb 12, 2013

RandyPD wrote:

Takumar lenses are Pentax lenses, before they designated their lenses SMC or something like that, it was Asahi optical, Super Takumar, etc..

I wonder why he thinks I misunderstood his post, I think he misunderstood mine, lol. I'm merely saying that regardless of whether you are satisfied with the lens or not, at $20 it was a bargain. I would be satisfied to get any lens at $20 anyways. I did recommend M42 mount lenses because they are easy to adapt to A-mount. There are many lenses in the M42 mount, various brands, focal lengths, at various price points. The Takumars are the standard in terms of optical quality (I have several of them), although I think the EBC Fujinons are just slightly better.

If you are looking at M42 lenses, a desirable feature would be an A(automatic) and M (manual) switch. Putting it to manual allows you to stop down the aperture without modifying the lens ( a problem with the Fujinons, along with a protruding metal tab).

Cheers on that I'm definitely hunting for some M42 mounts next

-- hide signature --

When people ask me whether I'm a photographer, I tell them that I'm more of a time artist. After all, my art is my ability to freeze time and capture a moment forever.

StayClassy's gear list:StayClassy's gear list
Sony SLT-A99
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow