Flat view
PastorCat
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Dell U2413 for photo editing - cables and code
Feb 12, 2013

Hi y'all,

Need advice on a monitor connections.

My current monitor is an aged NEC (7 years). Today I upgraded.

Though I was certain I would buy another NEC, this morning I received an email-deal for the new Dell U2413 - $509+free shipping. Until this morning, I had vacillated between the NEC PA271W-BK, and the Dell 2713H. But today's deal was good enough that I rethought my selection and bought the U2413.

TMI - sorry about that...The point is, for a 27" monitor, I needed a mini-DisplayPort / Thunderbolt + USB to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to achieve 2560 x 1440 resolution.

However, since the U2413's maximum resolution is 1920x1200, which cable will suffice for full resolution? Any recommendations on brand for said cable, and links appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Links in mind, here's the code for the U2413 deal...the link below will take you to the Dell product page. You'll have to enter the code on your own. Not sure how long it will last.

6DBNK$ZJLR$L4J

Instructions:

1. Copy the code
  2. Click link
  3. Add monitor to cart
  4. Add coupon code to coupon window at the bottom of cart-page
  5. Apply code
  6. Discount equaling 15% off ($90), plus free shipping should be applied to total
 PastorCat's gear list:PastorCat's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow