First Practice shots with my FZ200

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
dgcummins
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Re: First Practice shots with my FZ200
In reply to Timj351, Feb 12, 2013

Timj351 wrote:

Wow great images and such a variety. Welcome to the club. As you see there is a lot of helpful and nice people here. I am also a Washingtonian and artist from over in Kent and I love when I am able to get over to your side. It is so beautiful, as can be seen in your photos.

My main tip for you right now would be to pay attention to the camera's shutter speeds at different focal lengths. Make sure they are not too slow for what you are shooting and make sure to squeeze the shutter button gently when shooting. The OIS is great but not perfect. It can sometimes select a pretty slow shutter speed on its own. Good shooting techniques will help insure sharp photos. Aside from that, just experiment and have fun, which you are already doing.

-Tim

Thank you!  This is great fun and I would not have ventured so far into this and with this camera without this forum.  It's unbelievably helpful and "you meet the nicest people here!"

So, on the shutter speeds, besides using the S mode, how else can I control the shutter speed?  I've been tending to use P mode which gives me little control of SS.  I'm still learning the camera options, but this particular comment as well as underexposing have been mentioned before and I'm not clear on how to take advantage of the SS and also how to underexpose before I shoot.

ANY help is welcomed.

Diana

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow