Disqualified for too much PP?

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
chrisby
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Re: Disqualified for too much PP?
In reply to Lifeofdavid, Feb 12, 2013

Lifeofdavid wrote:

I recently entered one of my first challenges "Candid Moments". My entry was subsequently disqualified for being too heavily post processed. I'm not upset just curious about the subject and how it relates to challenges. Feel free to weigh in on my specific picture and why you agree/disagree with the dq and on post processing as a whole regarding rules like "minor pp allowed".

I know this has been discussed before so I appreciate your patience and indulgence on the subject. 

First of all: this is really a great capture, congratulation!

Regarding PP: there is obviously PP seen, but is it heavily processed?

Unfortunately there a many interpretations. Some hosts allow BW images despite their rule "only basic PP". We know that you can spend hours to optimize an image in BW, but you can also choose BW simply as a camera setting with no PP afterwards.

So your picture style could be realized with some mouse clicks, but it could be easily identified as PP even for a lay as PP.

Now does heavily processing means it could be obviously seen, then also any BW should not be allowed.

If only basic PP means not much effort, then it would be allowed to realize dramatic unreal looks with two mouse clicks.

I would prefer the definition "not obvious" (which is of course also not very precise). But then your picture had been (sorry) rightly DQ.

Kind Regards and good luck for your next entry

chrisby's gear list:chrisby's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 40D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow