North part of Old Havana (OM-D e-m5 & Lumix 12-35mm Lens)

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,046Gear list
Like?
Re: North part of Old Havana (OM-D e-m5 & Lumix 12-35mm Lens)
In reply to Colin Franks, Feb 12, 2013

Noah Genda wrote:
I guess the backpack will be needed.

The backpack is a must. How can you carry your own hygienic tissue? Most restaurants don't have some in their toilets. If you don't carry it, you'll have to use newspapers or your own underwear. (I'm not joking).

The washrooms you described (with the baskets) sound disgusting.

Spoiled hygienic tissues must be put in the basket, not in the toilet bowl. Otherwise the water pressure might not be enough to prevent to toilet from clogging.

Is bottled water readily available? Some meals are not included on our trip, so I want to be careful about where I eat.

Yes. You'll find bottled water quite easily. I've eaten in Cuban restaurants for three weeks without a problem. The food is usually quite ordinary (with very overcook meat). I had diarrhea once after I drank cane juice, extracted at the stand below, located between El Castillo de los Tres Reyes del Morro and La Fortaleza de San Carlo de la CabaƱa:

Avoid this spot at all cost !

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow