Bought a new DP2

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
.Sam.
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,040Gear list
Like?
GF1 vs. DP2
In reply to .Sam., Feb 12, 2013

Here is a comparison with my faithful Panasonic GF1. I've carried this GF1/20 combo around for over 2 years. They both have a VERY similar focal length (~ 40mm). Image quality is "good enough", and it seems to never break down I've dropped it even a couple of times

In my biased opinion, neither Panasonic or Olympus have introduced anything better than GF1 in the last 3 years. Panay GX1's image quality is not much better (DR is about the same), OMD has better IQ and DR, but the UI is awful.

I don't get these manufacturers, if they put the GH3's sensor in GF1's body without ANY modifications, they would sell a boatload of them Did I say I was biased?

DP2's image quality is certainly better than GF1. The DR, highlight rendering is much better. GF1 wins in video, and overall usability (I do have other lenses for it). And, I can pocket the DP2 They both focus slowly However, you have much better focus placement with GF1. GF1's lens is almost 1 1/2 stop faster. Most importantly, in certain light and if focused correctly, the DP2's image quality, and pixel sharpness is in a totally different league !!!

-- hide signature --

.Sam.
GF1+20+45 & Pentax K20D - ist* DS - ZX-5 - LX
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/shadzee/

.Sam.'s gear list:.Sam.'s gear list
Sigma DP2 Pentax *ist DS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow