Contributing MemberPosts: 614Gear list
Like?
Re: uh, it's really obvious what is going on
In reply to bobn2, Feb 12, 2013

bobn2 wrote:

rubank wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

rubank wrote:

I can't see another new DX platform being developed just for the few sales that there will be in a model above the D7x00.

Bob

Why develop a new platform? The D300 has everything required, just need a new sensor, updated AF and bigger buffer. Nikon already has everything on the shelves, and the R&D on the D300 is already paid for.

I explained that - the D300 platform is the D2 platform - expensive to manufacture and most likely getting more expensive as the various components fall out of quantity manufacture.

This would satisfy 95% of current D300 owners. (How do I know? Same way you don´t

Truth: you don't know, any more than I do. You might be right about remaining sole D300 owners. I personally know at least two happily wielding D800's these days. Seem to be quite a few like that.

Oh, I´m also a D800 guy these days. But I´m not happy, sensor aside it is really nothing to write home about: unreliable AF, no focus trap and extremely crappy LV.

Why would you expect a D300s replacement to be any better on any of those? After all, were it ever to exist, no-one suggests other than it would have the same AF, presumably the same LV and also the same in terms of other bits of the feature set. In other words, if you think those things are crappy about the D800, they are also likely to be crappy in any D400.

-- hide signature --

Bob

So now you´re saying they won´t use an old platform, but stuff the new one with old hardware?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow