Looking for the ultimate photo travel backpack

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tazz93
Senior MemberPosts: 1,135Gear list
Like?
Love my Tilopa and REI bags
In reply to Eran Kutner, Feb 12, 2013

I like the F-Stop bags (have a Tilopa ) but its not small by any stretch of the imagination at 48 liters. If packed correctly and using a small insert, you can fit a fairly versatile camping kit (about 2 days worth depending on the quality of the gear). Yes, if its not packed to the max you can carry it on a plane once it’s cinched in with its compression straps. If you're an 18'5-ish torso it should be a great fit and has tons of adjustment. But the number one deterrent for the bags are their price point. The price-squeamish need not apply.  The rear access is a God send to me, but as far as camping, there’s just not enough capacity for me. I prefer to use a camping specific bag with one of F-Stops inserts for the camera gear. I like the Clik bags too, but ultimately the F-Stop won out when I was searching. Main thing was the stealthy look (basic black bag) and seeming quality advantage.

Tazz93's gear list:Tazz93's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 350D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow