How Much Do You Enjoy the 7-14?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
JiminDenver
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,150Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you back from Costa Rica?
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Feb 12, 2013

Craig

Costa Rica is incredible for the variety of all types of shooting. My arm handled carrying the E 5, 50-200, EC 20 and FL50r for hours at a time even though I am pretty rusty and shaky still. My big mono pod broke the first day so it was hand held all the way. IS is probably the only reason i got any usable shots at all.

Driving there was as much as a hoot as everyone said too. Most of the time it feels like you are in a rally race with all the passing, shifting, pot holes etc.

Most of the touristy areas are pretty expensive but we found a few local joints with wonderful food and great prices.

I'd go back but do a few things differently now that I am more comfortable. I'd take fewer tours where I feel rushed and explore more on our own. We definitely didn't spend enough time in the 180 acres of rain forest connected to our resort and I always feel like I should have shot more.

-- hide signature --

JimB
Bug Whisperer
Join us in The Weekly Close up every weekend

JiminDenver's gear list:JiminDenver's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow