Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
rubank
Contributing MemberPosts: 619Gear list
Like?
Re: uh, it's really obvious what is going on
In reply to bobn2, Feb 12, 2013

bobn2 wrote:

rubank wrote:

I can't see another new DX platform being developed just for the few sales that there will be in a model above the D7x00.

Bob

Why develop a new platform? The D300 has everything required, just need a new sensor, updated AF and bigger buffer. Nikon already has everything on the shelves, and the R&D on the D300 is already paid for.

I explained that - the D300 platform is the D2 platform - expensive to manufacture and most likely getting more expensive as the various components fall out of quantity manufacture.

This would satisfy 95% of current D300 owners. (How do I know? Same way you don´t

Truth: you don't know, any more than I do. You might be right about remaining sole D300 owners. I personally know at least two happily wielding D800's these days. Seem to be quite a few like that.

Oh, I´m also a D800 guy these days. But I´m not happy, sensor aside it is really nothing to write home about: unreliable AF, no focus trap and extremely crappy LV.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow