Started Feb 12, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Judy Stone
Regular MemberPosts: 382
Like?
I'll be going to the mountains/D800E/nightsky photography advice request
Feb 12, 2013

Hi everyone. I'll be 1 week in a mountain far away from any light pollution, except for the moon at certain times :), where the night sky is filled with stars. I'll be taking my D800E with a 14-24 Nikkor lens so to not miss the opportunity. It'll be my first attempt at picturing the skies. Would also like to try time lapse photography. Any recommended settings? I read ISO2000, 30 sec exposure, f2.8, focus set to infinity obviously will work for the individual pictures, and for time lapse set an interval of 20 seconds for the whole night? Won't ISO2000 for 30 sec show noise? Should I use NEF format or JPEG? If I use NEF, won't the buffer overflow? Finally,I read in the manual about INTERVAL TIMER PHOTOGRAPHY and TIME-LAPSE PHOTOGRAPHY, I guess both are the same except the latter involves making a movie of all the individual pictures? Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow