Installing SSD, Windows 7, 64 Bit, Part II, Help!

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
rio911
Contributing MemberPosts: 914Gear list
Like?
Re: UEFI is something to avoid at all costs. ;-)
In reply to Mikeobe, Feb 12, 2013

Mikeobe wrote:

You are correct. AHCI did not work, this is very frustrating, I found this Solution on Tom's Hardware and going to give it a try tonite! Sheesh!

"Thanks williamPR. I tried several different suggested MS "fixes" to no avail. The only thing that ended up working was reinstalling Windows 7 on my SSD AFTER configuring the SATA Configuration in BIOS to RAID mode and setting up the Data Drive in RAID 10. This was frustrating to discover because several articles on the topic (i.e., setting up RAID 10 data drive with SSD boot drive) suggested installing Windows 7 on the SSD first without having any of the RAID disk members connected to avoid having Windows put some system files on the RAID array. Oh well. My new build is up & running per my design and screams. Thanks for everyone's time on this!"

That's experience for you....

I, myself, am struggling with a similar SSD problem on my new PC at the moment.  I had to do a fresh W7 install last night (on a one week old install) due to SATA/AHCI issues.  And by the looks of things I'm going to change a lot of BIOS settings tonight trying to optimize the setup... meaning I might need another reinstall.... it is going to be fun.

Good luck,

rio

rio911's gear list:rio911's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow