Does such a thing exist: Non-twist camera plate for quick release systems.?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Questions thread
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
THANKS and here's a Review Re: Non-twist camera plate for quick release systems.?
In reply to plevyadophy, Feb 12, 2013

Hi,

Just wanna say a big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to this thread and pointed me in the right direction.

In the end I purchased two types of anti-twist quick release plate and I have published a full review, including images, of one of them.

The first quick release plate I purchased, is a rather unusual and clever dual plate that is compatible with both Manfrotto and Arca Swiss systems. Because the anti-twist lip is shallow and at a 90 degree angle it isn't suited to all cameras or may require VERY VERY precise fitting to be effective. Here's the plate (from a seller based in China who is amazingly reliable and helpful): Dual Dovetail Quick Release Plate QR For Camera Body Fits Arca & Bogen Manfrotto and here's the link to the main store: austin.leit27

The second quick release plate I have is the Manfrotto 200PLARCH-14 1/4" Architectural Quick Release. I had to make an adaptation to it to get it to fit one of my old cameras. Here's the review I wrote on Amazon, including images and explaining my adaptation: http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R5QJHA1W1WZM7/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B001CRTK9M&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

Regards,

plevyadophy

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow