Does such a thing exist: Non-twist camera plate for quick release systems.?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Questions thread
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
THANKS and here's a Review Re: Non-twist camera plate for quick release systems.?
In reply to plevyadophy, Feb 12, 2013

Hi,

Just wanna say a big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to this thread and pointed me in the right direction.

In the end I purchased two types of anti-twist quick release plate and I have published a full review, including images, of one of them.

The first quick release plate I purchased, is a rather unusual and clever dual plate that is compatible with both Manfrotto and Arca Swiss systems. Because the anti-twist lip is shallow and at a 90 degree angle it isn't suited to all cameras or may require VERY VERY precise fitting to be effective. Here's the plate (from a seller based in China who is amazingly reliable and helpful): Dual Dovetail Quick Release Plate QR For Camera Body Fits Arca & Bogen Manfrotto and here's the link to the main store: austin.leit27

The second quick release plate I have is the Manfrotto 200PLARCH-14 1/4" Architectural Quick Release. I had to make an adaptation to it to get it to fit one of my old cameras. Here's the review I wrote on Amazon, including images and explaining my adaptation: http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R5QJHA1W1WZM7/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B001CRTK9M&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

Regards,

plevyadophy

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow