D800 matrix metering vs. D600 matrix metering.

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
clarnibass
Senior MemberPosts: 1,345
Like?
Re: Really interesting results tonight. The D800 meters very differently in LV mode too.
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Feb 12, 2013

Hi again

First, I don't expect you to do many tests just because others are curious. I just hope to give some suggestions and also wanted to report that when I finally got to use the D600 in a real situation like this, the Matrix worked very good. It was surprising because at the time of the previous thread my results seemed more or less similar to yours.

Re the Tamron 24-70, just to be sure, it definitely doesn't have the known problem of starting to reduce aperture only at about f/4? I imagine you would notice if it did, but did you check...?

You can try uploading the photo directly to the post, not to the gallery, maybe this will work?

By the way, if you get the chance to try this again, what could be interesting is to take a photo with the D800 at the same settings as the D600. 55mm, f/4.2, ISO 1000. When this gives you a similar dark photo then the light is more or less the same. Obviously there are veriables but just an idea. I can't say what caused it, but it just looks like a much bigger difference than the approx 1.5 stops difference between the exposures.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow