ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
moimoi
Senior MemberPosts: 3,142Gear list
Like?
35mm 1.4 vs 50 mm 1.4 on Full Frame
Feb 12, 2013

Dear Friends,

I am having a bit of a philosophical question for you. Specially for those who enjoy street photography, I was wondering whether you like the 35mm or 50 mm focal length better. Which one do you think is the most adequate? Do you aim for the shallowest dof and isolation (i.e., 50mm) or wider view with surroundings (i.e., 35mm)?

I do have a copy of the Rokinon 35mm 1.4, but at f/1.4, it is harder to shoot fully manual for quick snapshots. I thought it would have been easier to be honest, but the focus point is not as easy to define via the viewfinder. The lens provides excellent data when I do have the time to compose and when my subject is motionless. I am also thinking to sell my Rokinon (in mint conditions) for 250 USD. If someone is interested in this, let me know via PM.

Now, I am wondering whether I should go with the Sigma 35mm 1.4 or Sigma 50 mm 1.4 (both are excellent lenses).

Thanks for any wise comments about this.

Cheers,

moimoi

-- hide signature --

All harsh, impolite and/or unreasonable replies will be simply ignored.
Measurebators are out of my world, photography is not about babbling behind a computer... but rather being out of your home, shoot and share photographs with other people. Shoot and Share...Thanks.

moimoi's gear list:moimoi's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow