North part of Old Havana (OM-D e-m5 & Lumix 12-35mm Lens)

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,077Gear list
Like?
Re: North part of Old Havana (OM-D e-m5 & Lumix 12-35mm Lens)
In reply to Colin Franks, Feb 12, 2013

Noah Genda wrote:

It is a photography tour I'm going with (10 days in Cuba), so it is guided, but we will also have a good amount of free time in Havana. I plan on taking a bazillion images. We will only have a few days in Havana (Hotel Presidente), and also going West and East in the country.

It's obvious to me that you'll like your trip in La Havana.

Question: I have a M4/3 camera (Panasonic G3) with a 20/1.7; 14-45; and 100-300 lenses. I'm starting to think that for walking around Havana, all I'll need is the 20/1.7 - what do you think? I have a Flipside 200 pack which is nice, but if I can walk around all day without it, that would be better.

m4/3 lenses are not heavy. Bring these three lenses in your luggage and do one day with the 20mm alone. See if it fills about all your needs. If not, bring a second lens and do the same. Eventually, you'll see what you need. But don't let some lenses stay at home in Canada : you might regret it.

In the slideshow that I've published:
55 pictures were taken with a focal length between 12 to 15mm
64 pictures taken with a focal lenght between 16 and 25 mm (that could have been taken with a Lumix 20mm) and
51 pictures have been taken with a focal lenght between 26 and 35mm (that could be pictures cropped from shots taken with a Lumix 20mm).

In a nutshell, you might be in need of a wider angle of view. Maybe. Or maybe not. This all depend on your photographic style.

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow