EM-5: Confused by Auto White-Balance results

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
assaft
Contributing MemberPosts: 826Gear list
Like?
Re: EM-5: Confused by Auto White-Balance results
In reply to Timur Born, Feb 12, 2013

yeah, i understand, and I remember this table from a previous post of yours.

I also experienced these differences in the interpretation of WB when I compared LR4 and OV2. I usually see high tint values when I open my orf files in LR. And usually the sky get a purplish color.

I sometimes use a 2-stop ND filter and I noticed that it adds some subtle yellowish tint to my pictures. For some reason the AWB can't compensate for that. But I guess that in such a case the shift is constant so averaging over a few samples of a grey card with and without the filter in order to learn what the shift is will give the a good approximation of the filter effect. A fixed WB can also be helpful for that. I don't know what you can do in your case...

Fuji is acclaimed for having great ooc jpegs, do you find the x10's AWB better then the EM-5's?

assaft's gear list:assaft's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow