Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Myer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,590
Like?
Re: A lot to digest here! - Nick
In reply to AvyMan, Feb 12, 2013

Nick, Thanks.

What did you end up buying.?

There are several issues we haven't discussed.

I don't really use my 55-250 very much as the 15-85 is my normal walkaround / travel lens. If I find myself in more wildlife situations that would be good. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a lens that sits on the shelf not because I don't like it but because I don't have the use for it that often.

The other issue. I don't want to trivialize the difference in price between the "L" and non "L". A thousand (almost) dollars is a fair amount. But it's not exhorbitant in the scheme of things in absolute dollars (percentage-wise it is). If the lens gets used a fair amount, and I'm satisfied with it, six months later I won't remember how much more I paid for it.

Further up this thread I mentioned our first microwave many years ago. I don't remember what it cost or anything about it. However, we both still remember that temperature probe we paid extra for that never got used.

There aren't too many camera stores around anymore. The closest is about 10 miles from my house and I haven't gotten around to it. But since there's no real rush I haven't gone yet.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow