What is this fascination with iso6400?

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
DigitalPhilosopher
Contributing MemberPosts: 533
Like?
Re: What is this fascination with iso6400 ?
In reply to Detail Man, Feb 12, 2013

Detail Man wrote:

... led me to believe that in the futuristic world imagined in other respects, the idea of higher Shutter Speeds that would allow you to leave your NDs at home would not be summarily "off the table" ?

Well, we can start populating the wish list
Base ISO 800 with shutter speeds of 1/64000? I'll take it

But my point remains. When is the last time we have seen a truly innovative new thing in photography since the digital sensor came along? True, there has been constant improvement (which, don't get me wrong, was/is truly needed; I couldn't do many of the things I do with a D1). But instead of getting a camera with ISO 128.000, I'd prefer if Nikon/Canon/others put their effort into coming up with something that would redefine the technology of photography

In simplistic terms, if Nikon has 10 engineers, I would want only one of them working on getting a camera with one stop better ISO, not 8 of them. Right now, it feels as if from the 10 people, 6 work on the ISO, 3 on the MP, and one of them (in some dark corner probably) tries to come up with new things...

-- hide signature --

Check my blog for reviews, tips & tutorials:
Amateur Nikon
Follow me on Twitter:
@amateurnikon

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow