49mm UV filter /protective filter for nex 5n

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,794Gear list
Like?
Re: How hard is it to remove the filter anyway?
In reply to nevada5, Feb 12, 2013

nevada5 wrote:

KimChu wrote:

So it's like using a lens cap but it's more time consuming and it's breakable.

i have lost several lens cap because a slight tap could dislodge it.the filter is screwed on hence won't get lost because of a slight nudge inside camera case or bag.

Well, it's hardly "lost" if it's in the bag, at least.

I got involved with photography in 1976 and I haven't lost a lens cap yet. So when people say they lose them frequently I have to think it may be the procedure used.

I have a tendency to stick the lens cap in my pocket.  Haven't lost one yet, although they do collect lint that way.

one thing that is different between a lens cap & filter - you can shoot through a filter. duh.

oh yeah think of all the shots of cats that you may have missed because of time spent unscrewing the filter....duh

Sorry, I don't know what that means.

It means that while he's fiddling with the filter,  you've taken the shot and moved on.

Perhaps English is not your first language. Unless you're trying to be insulting, using the word "duh" is usually inappropriate.

Enjoy the day.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow