Started Feb 12, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phil Grier
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
New R3000, black is too light?
Feb 12, 2013

I'm a noob and no professional by any stretch, but I've done a fair amount of research and I'm still stuck. I'm printing on "gloss" labels from onlinelabels, inkjet paper. We had an old RX580 that died and the pure black areas were rich and inky... and so far no matter the setting we just can't get the R3000 to print the same labels with the same black depth. They are really dark grey. We aren't using different paper or different graphics, and we don't have any special ICC profiles or anything set up. In additon to black not being dark enough, oddly, the rest of the colors are TOO dark. I'm open to this being a luminance problem and expecting it to look great like on my monitor and the whole backlit vs reflected light thing, but I'm flummoxed because the RX580 handled the same graphics, same paper, with better color sharpness and vibrance while keeping blacks DARK.

If this sounds like anything anyone can point me in the direction of I'd like to not have to return it. I'll also try calling Epson tomorrow to see if they have any ideas.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow