Started Feb 11, 2013 | Questions thread
mais51
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens problems .. Nikon
In reply to bab99, Feb 12, 2013

bab99 wrote:

Photogirl4u wrote:

Yes, the pictures are okay. Yes, I have the problem with the VR Turned off. It doesn't do it all of the time, but about 1/2 of the time. Very annoying.

I can believe that it is very annoying! Are you able to try another lens with an internal motor on your body? If that lens works correctly, then I think your hunch that it is the AF, and probably the motor, is likely to be correct. There's a smaller chance that the problem is the contacts between the lens and the body. It probably needs to be sent in for repair. If it is under warranty, I'd send it to Nikon with the required paperwork and hope that they fix it for free.

Bruce

The AFS-70-300 doesn't have the coupling prong for the camera internal motor, it has its own motor.  If AF works well with other lenses be it AF-D  or AF-S then nothing is wrong with the camera AF system. Therefore any issue with vibration is with the lens.

mais51's gear list:mais51's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow