K-01: Samyang 85mm f/1.4 or Tamron Adaptall-2 90mm f/2.5?

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kyogle
Regular MemberPosts: 488Gear list
Like?
Re: K-01: Samyang 85mm f/1.4 or Tamron Adaptall-2 90mm f/2.5?
In reply to Unexpresivecanvas, Feb 12, 2013

Unexpresivecanvas wrote:

Hi Kyogle,

Thanks for the comments re: pics.

Still you can use the new Tamron in manual mode, by turning the AF off. The advantage is that the AF will be there when the need calls.

But if you insist in a fully manual focus, for me the Samyang is the way to go. Why?

a) it is a more modern lens.

b) I experienced the purple spot with the old Tamron adaptall.

c) Adaptall adapters can be finicky some times and you need to be lucky to find a good copy of the adapter still working in perfect condition.

d) for portraits in aps-c (K-01) 85mm is a better focal distance than 90mm. But both are great focal lenghts for portraits in FF

e) Samyang can be shot wider than the Tamron, so you can isolate more the subject from the background.

Hi Unexpresivecanvas

You have made excellent points. I'm no longer interested in getting a  Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 90 and have cancelled an Auctionsniper bid I had on an upcoming 52BB model on eBay. Thank you again for your help.

-- hide signature --

David, an Australian living in the Highlands of Scotland a few months each year.

Kyogle's gear list:Kyogle's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow