Senior MemberPosts: 1,919Gear list
Like?
Re: Tree Sparrow taken without Stealth Technology
In reply to brandrx, Feb 12, 2013

brandrx wrote:

brandrx wrote:

JeffAHayes wrote:

brandrx wrote:

That is one heluva fine capture Jim. Very well done. Thanks for showing.

I'm interested in what you can do once you get your blind set up. I bought some blinds but won't be using them for another month or two.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

I agree with you, Ron -- really great shot Jim got there... But since it appears he's in Australia I'm responding to your post with my question... where do you buy blinds here in America, and can you get them relatively low-cost? I can set up feeders and so forth fairly close to my covered-roof patio by my back yard, so if there's a blind I could set up on that patio, where I could actually sit in a chair on the patio and shoot, that would be great! Right now I don't have any feeders set up. But in the past, when I first got into "bridge cameras," I used to sit on a covered swing in the back yard near a few feeders and just sit very still until the birds got used to my presence... Having a blind and a tripod, I imagine I could really get some great shots! Gets my "juices flowing" just thinking about it!

Hi Jeff,

I bought the following three blinds:

Ameristep Brickhouse Blind - This one is my favorite. Can accomodate two shooters easily.

Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Ameristep Outhouse Blind

These videos suck but here they are anyway.

Ameristep Brickhouse Blind Review .

How to setup Ameristep Doghouse Blind .

Ameristep Ground Blind Review (Outhouse Blind)

Do your research. You can find these at WalMart, Cabella's, and many sporting goods stores.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Many Thanks, Ron.

I agree the first one looks like the best choice. I may go that route.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow