D7000 or D5200 or wait for SLR with video clips of kids swimming/soccer games...

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
surendar
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
D7000 or D5200 or wait for SLR with video clips of kids swimming/soccer games...
Feb 12, 2013

I think it is time to upgrade my trusty D70 and a rarely used (and heavy) Sony DVCAM camcorder. I want to take video clips of my kids swimming and soccer games (outdoors). Using DSLR for both purposes is appealing. I played around with a friend's D7000; I like it as a camera (e.g., dual card, weather proofing) and is a definite improvement over D70 but not as a video camera - the auto focus seems to suck. Since I am not planning to take many video clips; I could live with it. How is 5200 video mode (as opposed to D7000)? Since D7000 has been out for a while, perhaps it is time to wait though all the rebates make D7000 sound sweet. Any info. on the D5200 video mode is much appreciated. Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5200 Nikon D70 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow