Veteran XP1 User Now Venting

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
designdog
Contributing MemberPosts: 969Gear list
Like?
Re: Veteran XP1 User Now Venting
In reply to David Hardaway, Feb 12, 2013

Anyone with some experience with Lightroom would hardly call it bloatware.

My intention was not to start either an Adobe or Fuji flame fest. This seems to me a similar contest to the Adobe Flash /Apple QuickTime battle, and we all have suffered through that.

Full disclaimer: I make my living with the Adobe Creative Suite products. Have since Photoshop and Illustrator, and the Mac, first came out. Not about to give them up. That said, I know neither is perfect, and I have always been willing to accommodate that.

I have about 80,000 images managed by Lightroom, on several drives, in the cloud, and on my server. Not about to give that up either. And I should not have to. That is my point.

Look, it does not matter who is at fault, Adobe or Fuji. The Fuji x files have to be wholly, totally, and completely processable by the mainstream, or they are niche products, like the Fuji S series (at least you could process these.)

And the mainstream, like it or not, is Adobe. Plain and simple.

Many  of you may recall, in the euphoria of the  X Pro1's introduction, all of the posts here by folks giving up their 5Dii, etc. for the XP1: image quality, light weight, etc. Of course many of those folks, like me, were not aware of the smearing issue. Few of them making a living in photography are doing it without Lightroom/Photoshop. None that I know, anyway.

The X Pro 1 is a great camera. I love mine. I just want to be able to work with it like any other camera...

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DNGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow