To any of your R2000 owners! Snag these NOW before they are gone again.

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,199
Like?
Re: Yes only joking Jose:-) (nt)
In reply to BrightGuy, Feb 12, 2013

BrightGuy wrote:

So in your oppinion, what would be the BEST 3rd party inks for this printer family?

Hi Joe, I don't know. I have used only OEM and IJF inks since I purchased this printer. If someone has made any unbiased comparison between IJF and other 3rd party inks I would be glad to know. I forgot to say that IJF inks for R2000 have a great persistence also. I have two 13 x 19" pictures fixed directly to the wall, receiving continuous light from an window nearly placed. Almost 12 months later, no trace of fading, comparing to a recent well keept print.

Back when the R1900 first came ( I can't even remeber when that was ) I committed the CARDINAL SIN of setting it up on a IJF CISS and inks straight out of the box. It worked perfectly and I remember the inks working extremely well except I had not basis for comparison with OEM.

I still have a lot of those initial prints. Now I do and I have to say that the OEM overall gloss is better but not by leaps and bounds. I have not since used any IJF inks for no specific reason.

I wonder if there have been any further developments on that particular ink set. Lew does not visit any forums too often.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow