Need help in choosing a 2nd lens

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeddi
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Re: Need help in choosing a 2nd lens
In reply to DanielBme, Feb 12, 2013

DanielBme wrote:

Thanks for the tips. Great photos too! I've been to many of those same places in Spain. I couldn't help but notice you had temps of 48C in Morocco! Please tell me that wasn't in May lol

Bah!  48's fine .. so long as you're not wandering around outside, in a place without shade, like Volubilis (near Meknes) but this is further north than you sound like you're going to be.

But, no, rest assured, this was August.   I suspect if you're staying up in the mountains you're going to have the opposite problem, even in May.

I'm still thinking that as much as I'd like to get the 9-18mm I think I would have to stick with the 17mm 1.8. I just don't think I can stretch my budget that far this year.

Entirely understand - budget is the the biggest factor of them all (hence the suggestion to check the Samyang - those things are pretty cheap even here in the UK).

Before I got my ZD 9-18mm I did a lot more stitching using the hugin panorama software (I'm on a GNU/Linux platform).  Just remember this option always exists, and obviously works much better without much dynamic content in your shot - so landscapes lend themselves reasonably well to the task.

I feel (but can't prove) that these came out with better results when working around the 14mm FL area, even though a normal lens on (m)FT is around 22mm .. but I hasten to add that I haven't looked into the maths of this stuff much.

In any case I'm quite sure you'll have a fantastic time.

Jeddi's gear list:Jeddi's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow