***STF's Weekly Photo's (Winter Photos)*** (Feb 10 to Feb 16)

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
bikeguy
Forum ProPosts: 11,008Gear list
Like?
Diane...
In reply to Diane63, Feb 12, 2013

Diane63 wrote:

Red is the BEST colour in snow filled pictures. I just can't get that sunny look that you have without lots of shadows. Any tips?

Hey....you DID get it in the shot of the ski team...just that there's more shadow area than bright area because of the placement of the sun. They are all pretty much standing on a strip of bright and it's all shadow behind them. Your exposure is perfect there.

The two skiers a couple of shots down is also perfectly exposed with more of that sunny look.

Even though they're snow-filled photos you still have to be aware of the shadows and highlights.

In your first shot I'm thinking it was pretty overcast. That one is both underexposed and has a color cast to my eye. I'd play with that one - bump up the exposure and check the WB.

My shots have that bright sunny look because there was LOTS of sun. But if you look, there are still plenty of shadows in them :-).

Cheers,

Charles

-- hide signature --
 bikeguy's gear list:bikeguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow