Wow!! My first run in with Canikon snob...

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Neeyon
Contributing MemberPosts: 972Gear list
Like?
Re: His loss, I guess (and I don't mean brand-wise)
In reply to BrewLab, Feb 12, 2013

As you've alluded to, that could have been a nice opportunity to talk shop with a fellow photographer whether it was a bird discussion, technique discussion, or even a bit of good-natured banter about the pros and cons of various brands. But for some reason this guy chose to be a pompous twit. At the end of the day though it's his loss...he's not going to be making many friends/acquaintances with that attitude, whereas you, as evidenced by your discussion with the Nikon guy, will.

Call it morbid fascination, but I'd be curious to know the thoughts going on in that guy's head before he approached you. If I had to guess I'd suggest that at some level he actually felt threatened seeing someone using a Sony, and so a way to make himself feel better about his choice of Canon was to put you down. In fact I suspect that this strange insecurity is behind a lot of fanboy-ism with any brand. Some people need to constantly convince themselves that their brand is the best, and the easiest way to do that sometimes is to put someone else down. Me, I'd rather spend my energy having fun taking pictures then worrying about what brand someone else is using.

100% agreed with your attitude though...all major brands these days have good cameras that can take excellent pics in the right hands, so it's really up to the individual to pick which model or system suits them best.

Neeyon's gear list:Neeyon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Sony SLT-A55 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow