Nex-7 LCD: TruBlack coating wearing off after just 8 months of light use

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
SandyKHo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,503Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex-7 LCD: TruBlack coating wearing off after just 8 months of light use
In reply to twald, Feb 11, 2013

twald wrote:

Yes this happens with all NEX models to date (bar the NEX-6 and the NEX-5N maybe). In order to prevent it, you need to not rub the screen against anything--not even a fingernail or a camera bag. More practically, get a glass screen protector for it.

Let me join the ranks of those whose NEX 5N had the coating start to wear off after less than a year of very careful use.  I sent it to the Laredo, TX repair center, and got extremely fast and courteous service.  They received the camera on a Thursday and did the repair the very next day and shipped it right out that day, by Fed Ex.    I had had a screen protector on it, but the screen protector wasn't quite large enough and the coating was wearing off on the areas not covered by the protector.  I have now purchased a Sony "semi hard" screen protector (and a spare.)

-- hide signature --

God gave us an incredible world. See it, hear it, Touch it, taste it, smell it, PHOTOGRAPH IT!

SandyKHo's gear list:SandyKHo's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD780 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-5N Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow