Probably the most profound wake-up call on IQ you/I will ever read...

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
sigala1
Senior MemberPosts: 3,304
Like?
Re: Please alert the media
In reply to Vlad S, Feb 11, 2013

Vlad S wrote:

chillgreg wrote:

Speaking personally, I think the message (especially for some people) is very clear. To use the author's own words: "most cameras are better than most photographers."

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml

People who took time to learn how to use small sensor cameras have known this for more than a decade: under optimal conditions the image quality is excellent for prints, and has been since they hit 5 MP around 2001. Some advanced small sensor cameras also had fabulous lenses (Minolta Dimage 7 series is one example). DSLR owners often tried to put down small sensor cameras, but the reality is that in situations with modest DR and good light the print quality is quite comparable.

Unfortunately, often conditions are not optimal, and that's why Reichmann (was it his article?) has not switched to G10 for all of his work.

Vlad

Reichmann likes using the most expensive gear, and he's also rich so he can afford to buy anything he wants.

But I agree about the DR... if the scene has too much DR, then you can improve things by using a high-DR sensor.

The G10 had an unusually good lens... it's not clear that the latest Canon compacts have such a good lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow