COME ONNNNNNNN NIKON!

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
malch
Forum ProPosts: 10,523
Like?
Re: I'm missing something
In reply to yray, Feb 11, 2013

yray wrote:

I find all this "I'm going to Canon", "I'm going to Olympus", Sony, etc talk a bit strange. The people who actually feel strongly about "missing" cameras/lenses/etc in the current Nikon lineup are probably the very same people who invested thousands, maybe tens of thousands $$ into Nikon already.

I agree it makes little sense to switch vendors over one little widget (although a pro with a show-stopper need may have little choice).

But there comes a point when a customer decides that the direction the vendor is taking doesn't match his or her needs.

For 5 years I watched Nikon putting nearly all of their effort into FX leaving DX in limbo. They did produce a mirrorless offering. And I would most likely have gone for it had it come with an APS-C sensor. But it didn't.

Add to that some really irritating policy issues (warranty, grey-market, parts etc.) and a software strategy that has been a complete disaster by any standards and you start to feel totally out of sync with your invested brand.

I sincerely hope Nikon finds a way to get back on track with DX. I have quite a few friends that are heavily invested in D200/D300 gear.

In any event, I'm pretty happy with my switch. I knew life on the other side wouldn't be perfect and it isn't. But it's decent and I am not alone. Frankly I was shocked by the number of ex-Nikon shooter with very similar concerns that are now inhabiting the NEX forums here and elsewhere.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow