Richard the picture man
Senior MemberPosts: 2,846
Like?
Re: Advice on Camera Purchase
In reply to Equals Nothing, Feb 11, 2013

Equals Nothing wrote:

Richard the picture man wrote:

Welcome to the site Stratocanon,

Astro - Landscape - wildlife. most dslrs will fit the bill, however, I would seriously have a look at the Pentax K5/5II/5IIs. range. All are superb,

Exceptional high ISO ability, water resistant, metal body, 7fps rapid shooting, 100% viewfinder, very quiet shutter, exceptional customization,

I personally use a K5 which is still available if you shop around and will upgrade later in the year to the K5IIs.

Yea I can only agree here. There are a lot of good cameras nowadays, but if you want the best bang for the buck, the K5 is unbeatable. I bought a IIs and am amazed every day. Here are just a few samples I took walking around my yard today. Nothing special, but it's the first sun we've had in months so I had to step out. You get the sharpness of a higher rez sensor without the larger files, and all the things listed above. It is also satisfying to be able to point at a shadow and know the AF will still lock with that -3EV performance. All shots processed with ACR with zero sharpening.

But I doubt the OP is even looking !

-- hide signature --

Regards - Richard
Happy guy with a K5
N.B. All my Images, even the bad ones, are Protected by Copyright

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow