Buildings and Pavilions - Night Scenery (imgs)

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Karl Scharf
Senior MemberPosts: 3,059Gear list
Like?
Re: Buildings and Pavilions - Night Scenery (imgs)
In reply to zackiedawg, Feb 11, 2013

zackiedawg wrote:

Thank you Karl. Indeed, tripod is still going to be the best method for ultimate detail and clarity - but there's something to be said with the ability to go light with just a camera around your neck and have a tool like MFNR or HDR at your disposal - getting pretty darn good results right out of the camera while requiring no more thought or time than taking a daytime snap!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Yes, I am also very pleased with the handheld results using MFNR, HDR (or Twilight) modes. Your images support that quite well.

The only time now that I use a tripod is if I want to take images of flowing water or fireworks. Not too often!

Besides MFNR and HDR, just bracing the camera against a solid object can also be put to good use. Traveling light is definitely a huge nicety, and opens up infinite photographic opportunities.

-- hide signature --

Karl

Karl Scharf's gear list:Karl Scharf's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow