Veteran XP1 User Now Venting

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
designdog
Contributing MemberPosts: 969Gear list
Like?
Re: Veteran XP1 User Now Venting
In reply to Vic Chapman, Feb 11, 2013

Actually I have written to Adobe, and have spoken to my contacts there (I am a beta tester.) Adobe can be stubborn, intractable, and a royal pain. (Kind of like Apple.)

Unfortunately, there is little incentive for Adobe to do much here. The x trans has a minor market share, and PhaseOne is not exactly breathing down Adobe's back. The way this gets done, in my experience, is that the guy that most benefits from the work gets the skids greased, camps out in the other guy's offices, and, in general helps out and cajoles the process through completion.

That guy is Fuji. Sending a pile of data may be helpful if there was a huge incentive to pull this thing along, but there is not. Just look here, at the Canon, Nikon, and Sony activity vs everything else. In short, Adobe could care less.

Fuji has got to get this fixed. SilkyPix is not the answer. At some point the novelty factor, the "Leica look" is going to wear off. And for many, like for me, it just wont be worth the hassle...

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DNGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow